Rhubarb and Orange Fool
|Source||National trust book of traditional puddings|
|Prep time||45 minutes|
|Cooking time||15 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
This is also known as Spring Fool. The rhubarb can be mixed with other fruit pulps such as apple, plum, gooseberry and raspberry.
1. Put rhubarb in saucepan with orange rind, ginger, cinnamon, butter and sugar.
2. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring till soft. Leave to simmer till most of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Remove the cinnamon stick and pass through a sieve. Leave to go cold.
4. Whip the cream with the liquer, if using, till thick enough to hold its shape.
5. Fold in the cold rhubarb pulp, lightly to give a marbled effect. Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
6. Spoon into a glass bowl and chill till serving.