|Source||Madhur Jaffrey (variation)|
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
|Total time||35 minutes|
A quick and lightly spiced Indian cheese and spinach dish.
1. Blend the ginger, garlic and chilli together with 50ml of water till you have a smooth paste.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, reduce heat to medium.
3. Place all the paneer on the pan in a single layer, fry till golden brown, turn over and fry the other side.
4. Spread the paneer on a plate, sprinkle over the garam masala, cayenne pepper and half a teaspoon of salt.
5. Put the paster from the blender into the pan, stir and fry for 30 seconds.
6. Add the spinach and half teaspoon of salt, mix well.
7. Cover the pan, lower the heat and cook the spinach for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time to stop it sticking.
8. Stir in the paneer and cream, cover and continue to cook on a low heat for 10 more minutes.
Frozen spinach can be used instead of fresh.
Other seasonal greens can also be used.