Chocolate and squash cake
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||50 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour, 5 minutes|
The squash flavour is really really subtle and makes it quite moist so will last for four or five days and still taste fresh.
1 tvanilla extract
125 mlplain yogurt
225 gPlain flour
2 tbaking powder
75 gcocoa powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c. Grease and flour a round cake tin.
- Peel, deseed and cube the squash. Steam it until soft, then puree and set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together the squash and yoghurt.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt into another bowl.
- Stir a third of the flour mixture into the egg mixture and combine. Stir in a third of the squash mixture. Continue alternating mixing the flour mixture and squash mixture into the egg batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.