Tomato and Herb Bread
Here, bread meets tomoato and its love at first sight.
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon minced fresh parsely
- 3 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 250g crushed tomatos
- handful of poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Parmesan cheese. In a smaller bowl, combine the egg, oil, honey, parsley, basil and tomatoes.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the flour mixture and stir until blended. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle poppy seeds over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes, until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean