Spicy Squash Pancakes
We're arming you with a quick, tasty and savoury twist to pancakes. Have them for brunch, lunch or dinner. But most importantly its new way to use up any leftover squash!
- 250g leftover roasted squash
- 1 red chilli
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 30g parmesan cheese, grated and more to serve
- 1 large egg
- 280ml semi-skimmed milk
- 150g self-raising flour
- nutmeg for grating
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of rocket
- Remove the skin from the roasted squash, then deseed and finely chop the chilli. Pick and finely chop the rosemary leaves, discarding the stalks, and finely grate the Parmesan.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with a fork, then whisk in the egg, milk and flour. Add the chilli, rosemary, Parmesan and a grating of nutmeg.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and, once hot, add half a ladle of mixture per pancake into the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 mins on each side, until golden and crisp.
- Keep warm in a low oven until ready, then serve with and extra grating of Parmesan and some rocket.