Quick Pancetta and Runner Bean Salad
A simple, but delicious summery salad
- 400g runner beans, sliced diagonally sideways
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 200g pancetta / bacon
- 2 teaspoon pesto, or you can make your own
- a handful of rocket
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the runner beans over a low heat, cooking until they begin to darken in colour.
- Add the garlic and stir through. Allow to cook a little longer being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the pancetta and stir until cooked. Season well with pepper then add salt to taste. Take off the heat.
- Stir the pesto through, add some shredded mozarella or some rocket leaves to serve. Season to taste,
Tip for making your own pesto: Handful of fresh basil, 30g pine nuts, sqeeze of lemon, generous tablespoon of parmesan, blitz in a food processor and season with enough olive oil to make it into a gloopy but not runny paste.