Pear & Chocolate Crumble
October sees Chocolate Week in full flow, so to celebrate such a deliciously sweet occasion we're sharing this seasonal crumble with you.
- 4 ripe pears
- 80g butter
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 50g demerara sugar
- 5 tablespoon oats
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- 100g of dried apple and pear crisps
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
- Peel and dice the pear into small chunks, then caramelise with 30gs of the butter, the light brown sugar, honey and mixed spice, in a pan on medium heat. Make the crumble by rubbing the remaining butter, flour, sugar and oats together, if needed add a bit of water. Now cut up the chocolate into small bits adding this to the crumble, with 2 tbsp of the coco powder. Adding the remaining coco powder to your pear. Using a 1.5 litre baking dish, pour in your pear mixture, top with the crumble baking for around 40 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the crumble is done, sprinkle some more dark chocolate on top and the dried fruit crisps which add a lovely, chewy crunch to the crumble.
Serve warm with custard, cream or ice-cream (or all 3!!!)