Pasta and Broad Bean Carbonara
Pasta and broad bean carbonara
- 85g pancetta, chopped
- 100g broad beans, after podding and skinning
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon double cream
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 200g ribbon pasta such as tagliatelli or pappardelle
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- While the water boils heat some oil in a large frying pan, fry the pancetta till crisp add the broad beans and toss.
- Beat the egg yolks, cream and mustard together in a bowl.
- Cook the pasta, drain and reserve a little of the water.
- Toss the pasta in the bean and pancetta mix on the pan. Pour in the cream and egg and stir to mix. Add half of the parmesan and mix.
- Serve with the the rest of the pancetta sprinkled on top.