Hungry Gap: Cabbage Rolls
During the hungry gap it's time to get creative - these dishes can be made with either beef mince or tofu and feel free to add any other veg to the stuffing.
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 cup sauerkraut
- 2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- Boil cabbage to soften.
- Meanwhile, mix the raw beef, cooked rice, onion together.
- Put a small scoop of the mixture into each cabbage leaf and roll it.
- Put about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and half of the sauerkraut into a crock pot.
- Arrange the cabbage rolls on top.
- Top it off with remaining sauerkraut and tomato.
- Cover and cook on low for about eight hours.