Hodmedod's Carlin Pea Chocolate Brownies
Carlin Pea Chocolate Brownies
- 400g carlin peas, soaked, cooked and drained
- 3 eggs
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 200g dark chocolate, high cocoa content
- 1.5 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 125g unsalted butter
- Optional - A few generous handfuls of raisins. Try soaking them in rum over night
- Pre-heat the oven 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4/350F.
- Line a 8 or 9 inch square baking tin with non-stick parchment.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed over hot water. Cool a little and mix in the cocoa.
- Whiz the peas to a puree, fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until creamy and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin, bake for 25 minutes until set but still a bit squidgy.