Fennel and Carrot Salad
Savour the spicy Indian-tinged flavours of this fresh and light salad
- 4 carrots, grated
- 2 fennel bulb, quartered and thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup cashews or peanuts
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black onion seeds, optional
- 1 lime, juiced
- Combine the carrots and fennel in a salad bowl
- Toast the nuts in a hot frying pan for 3-5 mins until golden, then tip onto a plate.
- In the same pan, heat the oil and fry the mustard and nigella or black onion seeds, if using, until they begin to pop – about 30 secs.
- Pour in the lemon or lime juice and mix together to make a dressing.
- Toss together with the vegetables in the bowl, then sprinkle with nuts to serve.