Carrot Top Tabouli
A light refreshing salad filled with fresh herbs, veggies, and heart healthy bulgur.
- 1 cup bulgar wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (plus one tablespoon )
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (plus one tablespoon)
- 1 cup cucumber (chopped)
- 1 cup tomato (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion (chopped, green and white parts)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mint (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup carrot tops (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl combine bulgur wheat with boiling water, 1 tbsp lemon juice, salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Cover and allow to rest for 30-60 minutes or until bulgur absorbs all liquid.
- Combine remaining ingredients with bulgur, toss well and serve.