The beauty about this salad or slaw is that you can make it a few hours in advance before serving (but it’s best eaten on the day of making). Simply store the chopped slaw (without the dressing) in a covered bowl or airtight container in the fridge, then when you are ready to serve, simply mix the slaw with the dressing, tip it into a serving bowl and, hey presto, it’s done! Once dressed, the salad should be served immediately. No fancy garnishes are required either as it’s very attractive just as it is.
- 200g broccoli, trimmed
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed
- 2 spring onions
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 3 tablespoon parsely, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For the broccoli slaw, using a sharp knife, roughly chop (or finely chop, if you prefer) the broccoli, fennel, spring onions and sugar snap peas. Place them all in a bowl along with the parsley and mix together. If you are making the salad in advance, then at this stage, cover the bowl (or transfer to an airtight container) and store the undressed slaw mixture in the fridge for 4–6 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, lightly season the slaw with salt and pepper, add all of the dressing, toss to mix, then serve immediately.
- To make the lemon tahini yogurt dressing, measure all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir together, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and store the dressing in the fridge until needed. Stir the dressing just before use.