Braised Kalettes and Onions
Big flavours in this accompaniment recipe. Try this with bangers and mash for a new seasonal pleasure.
- 160g flower sprouts aka kalettes
- 3 onions or 8 shallots, all quartered
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- sage small bunch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel and quarter the onions, wash the kalettes.
- In a large frying pan melt the butter and brown the onions on both sides, about 8 minutes.15
- Add the sprouts then turn down the heat. Pour in the stock and braise the vegetables for 3-4 minutes until the veg are tender and the stock has reduced slightly.
- Serve in the braising liquor sprinkled with the sage and a grind of black pepper.