Berry Shortbread Cheesecake Slice
A stunning centrepiece dessert that's bursting with summer flavours, perfect for a special occasion.
- 200g pack shortbread biscuit
- 50g butter, melted
- 600g soft cheese
- 200g creme fraiche
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 plain flour
- 5 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 300g mixed summer berries, such as raspberries, redcurrants, cherries and blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment. Tip the shortbread into a food processor and blitz into crumbs, or place in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and mix well. Press the mix into the base of the tin.
- Beat the cheese, crème fraîche, vanilla and sugar until smooth, then mix in the flour and eggs until smooth again – you can do this by hand or in a food processor. Pour the mix into the tin and smooth the top with a knife. Bake in the oven for 10 mins, then turn to 120C/100C fan/gas ½ and cook for 1 hr 20 mins or until set with a slight wobble in the centre. Turn off the heat and leave to cool in the oven. Once cool, refrigerate until chilled.
- To make the topping, melt the jam in a small pan over a low heat with enough water to make a pouring consistency, then allow to cool completely. To serve, top the cake with the berries and drizzle with the jam.