Beetroot, Carrot, Quinoa and Spinach Salad
Superfood salad check! Edamame beans, beetroot and spinach gives you a great punch of nutrients!
- 0.5 cup quinoa
- 1 cup edamame, frozen
- 1 cup almonds, flaked
- 1 beetroot, raw, peeled
- 2 carrots
- 2 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup or agave
- In a medium-sized pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring to boil, then cover the pot, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove when done and let it rest, still covered, for 5 minutes. Then, drain off any excess and set aside to cool.
- Add the frozen edamame to a pan of boiling water and cook just until the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To toast the almonds over medium heat, stirring frequently until they are starting to turn golden on the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Finely chop, grate or slice the beetroot and carrots.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing, until emulsified.
- In your large serving bowl, combine the toasted almonds, cooked edamame, prepared beet(s) and/or carrot, roughly chopped spinach and cooked quinoa.
- Finally, drizzle dressing over the mixture (you might not need all of it) and gently toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.