- 1 lb beetroot, trimmed and peeled
- 0.25 cup lemon juice
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 0.5 cup pistachios, roasted
- 0.333333 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup microgreens
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1.5 teaspoon tarragon, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 0.333333 cup olive oil
- white pepper
- Thinly slice the beets with a mandoline slicer. Place the slices into a bowl and toss with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Set aside. (The lemon juice will help preserve the color of the beets when you cook them, so let them sit at least 10 minutes while you prep everything else.)
- Make the dressing: Mix together vinegar, sour cream, tarragon, and sugar with a wire whisk until well-blended. Slowly add the olive oil, while whisking constantly. (This creates an emulsion). Add salt and white pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot that has a steamer tray. If you like, add salt and a splash of lemon juice to the water. Once boiling, place beet slices on the streamer tray (it’s alright if they overlap slightly). Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes, or until tender yet firm. Briefly shock the beets in an ice bath, then drain.
- Layer the beets and onions on four small plates. Sprinkle with pistachios and feta cheese crumbles. Make sure the dressing is well-stirred, then lightly drizzle over the salad. Top with microgreens.