Apple Celery Salad with Lemon Dressing
Count on a bushel's worth of crunchy flavor in this walnut and apple salad, made with an easy yogurt-mayo dressing.
- 4 seasonal apples, cut into 8 wedges, then cut crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium celery stalks
- 3 cup walnuts chopped
- 0.5 cup mayonaise
- 3 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until serving time
- Place apples in large bowl. Sprinkle with lemon juice; toss until coated.
- Remove leaves from celery; chop leaves into 1/2-inch pieces to measure 1/2 cup. Cut celery stalks diagonally into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices to measure 2 cups. Add to bowl with apples. Refrigerate until serving time
- Just before serving, toss apples and celery. Add dressing; toss until coated. Sprinkle with walnuts