Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Leek Soup
|Source||The New Covent Garden A Soup for Everyday cookbook|
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||45 minutes|
The broccoli really gives depth and earthiness to this creamy soup.
1. Melt half the butter in a large saucepan, add the potatoes and 2 of the leeks. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, without browning.
2. Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
5. Add the milk, season to taste, then reheat gently.
6. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a frying pan and fry the remaining leek, until lightly caramelised.
7. Serve the soup with the fried leek sprinkled on top.