Hodmedod's Carlin Pea Chocolate Brownies
Carlin Pea Chocolate Brownies
400 gcarlin peas (soaked, cooked and drained)
150 gsoft brown sugar
200 gdark chocolate (high cocoa content)
1 1⁄2 tcocoa powder
125 gbutter (unsalted)
- Pre-heat the oven 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4/350F.
- Line am 8 or 9 inch square baking tin with non-stick parchment.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed over hot water. Cool a little and mix in the cocoa.
- Whiz the peas to a puree, fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until creamy and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the baking tin, bake for 25 minutes until set but still a bit squidgy.