Fresh leek, potato, sweetcorn and pepper chowder
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
This is so simple to make and the thyme really creates a depth to the flavour.
1 cnnaturally sweet sweetcorn
1 cnborlotti beans
1veg stock cube
2 Tcooking oil
- Prepare all the veg: Dice the onion, pepper, potato and leeks, finely chop or crush the garlic, tear thyme from the stalks if using fresh thyme and chop the parsley.
- Heat up 2tbsps of oil in a flat bottom pan, add the leeks and onion and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in the pepper, potato, drained sweetcorn, thyme and 1 litre of water along with a crumbled veg stock cube. Mix well and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the drained borlotti beans and chopped parsley cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Toasted or slice some fresh bread and then serve on the side.
Add salt and pepper to taste