Fennel and carrot salad
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||5 minutes|
|Total time||10 minutes|
Savour the spicy Indian-tinged flavours of this fresh and light salad
2fennel bulb (quartered and thinly sliced)
1⁄2 ccashews or peanuts
2 Tolive oil
1 tmustard seeds
1 tblack onion seeds (optional)
- Tip the carrots and fennel into a salad bowl
- Toast the nuts in a hot frying pan for 3-5 mins until golden, then tip onto a plate.
- In the same pan, heat the oil and fry the mustard and nigella or black onion seeds, if using, until they begin to pop – about 30 secs.
- Pour in the lemon or lime juice and mix together to make a dressing.
- Toss together with the vegetables in the bowl, then sprinkle with nuts to serve.