Black Badger Carlin pea Brownies
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
These delicious and extremely moreish (think addictive) bars are an energy packed version of a brownie, with the addition of ground almonds, dried apricots and Black Badger Peas.
Super easy to make as they are made with a tin of our Black Badger Carlin Peas, great if you don’t happen to have any cooked peas to hand, you can just grab a can out of the store cupboard.
They make a perfect addition to lunch boxes or picnics and are loved by adults and children alike.
Makes 12 bars.
You will need a 7 x 11” shallow baking tin, lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 170c (fan) 350f
- Put the chocolate, butter, cocoa and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Stir occasionally, until the chocolate and butter has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- In a food processor, whizz the drained peas until coarsely ground.
- Add the ground almonds, baking powder, eggs and chocolate mixture and process until combined.
- Stir in the chopped apricots by hand.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and spread evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes until just firm.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Lift out the bars using the paper and leave to cool completely.
- Wrap in foil and leave overnight before dusting with icing sugar and cutting.