Butternut squash pasta sauce
A creamy (and vegan) pasta sauce!
2squash (I used butternut and red kuri)
1 tchilli flakes
1 tdried sage (or a few leaves fresh sage)
450 mlVegetable stock
- Prep the squash, onions, garlic and sage (if using fresh sage).
- Heat olive oil in the pan and sautee the onions until translucent.
- Add in the squash and sprinkle over the sage and chilli, allow to cook and soften for a few minutes.
- Make up the veg stock and then add to the pan. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cook the pasta separately and drain once done, save a cupful of pasta water.
- Once soft use a hand blender or food processor to blend the veg into a creamy mixture.
- Combine the sauce and pasta, if too thick add in some of the pasta water.
- Season to taste