Broad bean salad
|Prep time||20 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||40 minutes|
This simple spring salad combines broad beans with mint, garlic, lemon and cheese for a bright and fresh dish
140 gbroad beans
1⁄2lemon (Zest and juice )
1 clvgarlic (chopped)
50 gspinach, rocket and watercress
40 gstrong, hard cheese (Shaved)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Drop in the broad beans and simmer for two to three minutes, until they are tender.
- Drain, transfer to a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Roughly chop and crush the garlic clove, using the flat blade of a chunky, sharp knife.
- Scoop the smashed-up garlic into a jar, add the lemon juice and oil, then screw the lid on and shake well to make the dressing.
- Toss the beans with the spinach, rocket and watercress, and the whole mint leaves. Dress, season with salt and pepper, and top with the cheese shavings.