Grown-up mushrooms on toast, serve with or without the mozzarella on top!
- 2 sourdough or country bread slices
- 35g olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2.5 tablespoon dry white wine
- 300g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 75g fresh mozzarella
- Grill the bread on both sides on a hot, ridged griddle. Brush with olive oil. Keep warm.
- Melt the butter and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft and golden. Add the mushrooms and toss well.
- Fry over a high heat for 1 minute. Pour over the wine and season well. Cook over a high heat again until the wine evaporates.
- Stir in the parsley. Pile the mushrooms onto the bruschetta.
- You can add some sliced mozzarella and flash under the grill for 30 seconds to melt if desired, but equally delicious without
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with extra chopped parsley.