Kale, Ricotta and Squash Omelette
Ready for the winter this omelette is full to bursting with vitamins.
- 2 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- 150g roasted butternut squash
- 200g fresh kale
- 75g parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- If using fresh kale, tear it into a blender (use a hand-held stick blender, if you prefer) and blitz until fine.
- Add the kale and ricotta to the eggs and whisk again.
- Mash the squash with a fork, remove the skin, then add to the bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, drizzle with a little oil, then pour in the mixture. Tilt the pan to spread out the mixture and form an even layer, then let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sides start to bubble and get golden.
- Grate a fine layer of Parmesan over one half of the omelette, then pop it under the grill for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the omelette to a board and portion it up