Fresh Leek, Potato, Sweetcorn and Pepper Chowder
This is so simple to make and the thyme really creates a depth to the flavour.
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 onion
- 1 can sweetcorn, or use fresh
- 1 can borlotti beans
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 leeks
- 15g thyme
- 15g parsley
- 1 potato
- Prepare all the veg: Dice the onion, pepper, potato and leeks, finely chop or crush the garlic, tear thyme from the stalks, if using fresh thyme, and chop the parsley.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a flat bottom pan, add the leeks and onion and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add in the pepper, potato, drained sweetcorn, thyme and 1 litre of water along with a crumbled veg stock cube. Mix well and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the drained borlotti beans and chopped parsley cook for a further 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Toast or slice some fresh bread and then serve on the side.