Butter Bean, Leek and Cauliflower Salad
A Flavoursome salad.
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cauliflower, broken into bite size florets
- 5 leeks, washed and cut in to 5mm slices
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil, for dressing
- Juice of one lemon, for dresing
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together well, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Dress the cauliflower and butter beans liberally. Toss and then leave to sit overnight.
- When it comes time to serve, par boil the leeks for a moment in some boiling salted water.
- Add the warm leeks to the cauliflower and butter beans.
- Add the chopped parsley and the capers. Toss, check seasoning, then serve.
If using dried beans, soak overnight then cook for 2 to 3 hours with 1 or 2 bulbs of garlic. Then proceed from step 2. This takes more planning!