- 4 maris piper potatoes Large
- 6 bacon rashers (optional)
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- 75g sweetcorn
- 400g kidney beans, tinned, drained
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200 fan/gas 7. Prick the potatoes several times with a fork and place in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, and then finish in the oven for 20 minutes until they are cooked through and have crisp skins.
- When the potatoes are near the end of cooking, put the bacon on a wire rack over a baking tray and put in the oven to cook for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove and cut into small pieces.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out the potato flesh into a large bowl. Gently mix in the bacon pieces, half of the cheese, mixed beans, spring onions and half of the smoked paprika. Have a taste and add more paprika for a stronger smokier flavour. Spoon back into the potato skins and scatter over the remaining cheese.
- Chill in the fridge if serving later, or if serving straight away, heat the grill set to high.
- Sit the filled potatoes on a baking sheet and put under the hot grill for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted. If you are grilling from chilled, increase the time by a few minutes making sure the potatoes are heated all of the way through