Beetroot & Halloumi Fritters
This is a great Saturday night meal with friends, washed down with some ice cold beer!
- 150g halloumi
- 4 beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon mint, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- yoghurt to serve
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 spring onions
- 3 carrots
- Use any halloumi for this, dusting it with mint before you start.
- Grate the carrots and beetroots into a bowl.
- Place in a sieve over your bowl and grate in the halloumi and mix in the spring onions.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Whisk together the eggs with a generous amount of black pepper.
- Mix the egg and cornflour into the mix, squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Form into small patties and fry for 5 minutes on either side until golden.
- Mix together some yogurt with mint and drizzle on top to serve.