Warm potato, herring, beetroot & apple salad
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
Winter just got a whole lot more interesting.
500 gRatte or other waxy potatoes
2Marinated herring fillets ( sustainable sources)
1⁄2 tDijon mustard
4 Tolive oil
2 Tred wine vinegar
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the Dijon mustard, oil, red wine vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper, then whisk until it’s well blended.
- Add the sparkling water to loosen the mixture, then whisk again and set aside.
- Scrub, trim and cook the beetroot in a pan of boiling salted water for 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender.
- In another pan of boiling salted water, cook the unpeeled potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a colander, then slice while still warm.
- Drain and allow the beetroot to cool slightly, then peel and slice. Very finely slice the apple into wafer-thin pieces. Slice the herring fillets diagonally.
- Divide the potato, beetroot, apple slices and herring fillets or pieces between 4 serving plates.
- Drizzle over the vinaigrette, chop and scatter over the chives and serve while the potatoes are still warm.