Nuta: Spring onion and squid with Miso dressing
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking time||5 minutes|
|Total time||10 minutes|
Nuta is an ancient Japanese side dish. It's healthy, flavorful and extremely easy to make.
2 bnspring onion
1squid (medium size)
2 Tmiso paste
1⁄2 tJapanese mustard (optional)
- Clean the spring onion and cut in 5 or 7 cm pieces. Bring the water to a boil. Boil the spring onion for about 2 minutes.
- Scoop them with a mesh spoon and drain them fully. Put them in a mixing bowl until it cools down.
- Whilst it cools mix together the nuta-miso dressing (miso paste, sugar, vinegar, mustard)
- Cut the squid into 5 mm thick rings. Use the same boiled water to cook the squid briefly for 1~2 minutes. Scoop the squid out again to let it cool.
- When all the ingredients are cooled down, mix them with Nuta-Miso dressing. Let it cool in a fridge for 20min