Leftovers? Veggie Galette
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||40 minutes|
|Total time||50 minutes|
Leftover roast vegetables, herby stuffing, gooey melted cheese and tangy cranberry sauce fill this delicious French-inspired open pie.
1 TRapeseed Oil
500 gleftover veggies
100 gBrie or Stilton
70 gcooked chestnuts
125 gprepared sage and onion stuffing
500 gshortcrust pastry
5 Tcranberry sauce
- Eat the oil in a frying pan on a medium setting, then fry the onion for 8-9 mins until soft and starting to brown. Set aside to cool.
- Put the cooled onion, vegetables, Brie or Stilton, chestnuts, sage and ¾ of the stuffing into a large bowl and toss together.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Flour a work surface, then roll out the pastry to 5mm thick. Cut out a 30cm circle, using a dinner plate as a guide. Carefully slide the pastry circle onto the prepared baking tray
- Spread 4tbsp of the cranberry sauce over the centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm border clear around the edge. Top the sauce with the veg mixture, then dollop the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the rest of the stuffing
- Fold the pastry border over the edges of the filling, then brush with the beaten egg, to glaze.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until the pastry is crisp. Serve hot or warm.