Kale, Ricotta and squash omelette
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
2 TRicotta cheese
150 groasted butternut squash
200 gFresh kale
75 gparmesan cheese
2 Tolive oil
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- If using fresh kale, tear it into a blender (use a hand-held stick blender, if you prefer) and blitz until fine.
- Add the kale and ricotta to the eggs and whisk again.
- Mash the squash with a fork, remove the skin, then add to the bowl.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a medium heat, drizzle with a little oil, then pour in the mixture. Tilt the pan to spread out the mixture and form an even layer, then let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sides start to bubble and get golden.
- Grate a fine layer of Parmesan over one half of the omelette, then pop it under the grill for 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the omelette to a board and portion it up, keeping the side with the Parmesan for toddlers and adults only.
- For babies, you can cut it into pieces or wedges, leave to cool, then let them explore holding the food with their hands or using a spoon to mash it up, if they like (for more information on stages of complementary feeding, click here).
If cooking just for grown-ups, season the raw mixture with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a fine grating of Parmesan before cooking.