Hungry Gap: Cabbage Rolls
|Prep time||30 minutes|
|Cooking time||2 hours|
|Total time||2 hours, 30 minutes|
During the hungry gap its time to get creative -these dishes can be made with either beef mince or tofu and feel free to add any other veg to the stuffing.
1 cCooked white rice
2 cTomato sauce
1head of cabbage
1 1⁄2 lbground beef
- Boil cabbage to soften.
- Meanwhile, mix the raw beef, cooked rice, onion together.
- Put a small scoop of the mixture into each cabbage leaf and roll it.
- Put about 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and half of the sauerkraut into a crock pot .
- Arrange the cabbage rolls on top.
- Top it off with remaining sauerkraut and tomato.
- Cover and cook on low for about eight hours.