Part-time Admin role - application now closed (11/01/18)
Role: Part-time Admin Assistant
Hours: 4 hours per week (with a view to scale over time)
Local Greens is a local, not-for-profit enterprise that provides customers with weekly, seasonal organic or unsprayed veg bags. Our closest grower is in Sutton, Surrey and for most of the year, we source our produce from 6 farms within a 100‐mile radius of London. We also launched a seasonal UK -only fruit bag in December last year, which has seen a great uptake.
Our overall aim is to promote sustainable food that we believe is the key to a secure and ethical food future for the UK. We partner with over 20 local venues, from pubs to cafes, allotments and local businesses to act as collection points. EachThursday we drop us veg off at each venue where customers can then collect, reducing our carbon footprint whilst also encouraging connection of customers to like-minded businesses and building community.
We are recruiting for a part-time admin assistant who can support the day to day operations of our business, with focus on customer service and client account monitoring.
Key responsibilities include:
Customer Service & Account management
- Respond to customer queries and requests for help
- Send follow up emails to new customers to make sure they are happy with the scheme
- Send emails to customers leaving asking for feedback about the scheme
- Respond to customer emails or refer onto operations manager
- Flag customer accounts that need follow-up with date and action required
- Write group emails when required by operations or marketing in response to a problem or to flag up future changes, events etc
Monitoring of customer accounts
- Track customers who are leaving the scheme and deactivate their accounts after their final veg box
- Track new customers and where necessary help them complete the sign up and checkout process
- Run the weekly snapshot which updates the customer account
- Set up and revise the wording in emails sent automatically from the software
- To track customer activity on the website and clear events that don't need action
- Produce a monthly joiners and leavers report, giving information about how customers heard about Local Greens and reason customers gave for leaving the scheme
General Office support
- To help cover the tasks of other staff who may be on holiday or ill
- Working closely with the accounts and logistics manager to ensure all calls and enquiries are responded to in an efficient timeframe
- Support with ad hoc tasks e.g. ordering office supplies and supporting with set up and marketing at calendar events
- Assist customers on veg bag collection day with any code queries and how to access their bag
- Help with leaflet canvassing and additional marketing requirements
- Developing and measuring customer information
- Good knowledge and understanding of how to use word, excel and power point
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a background in customer service and accounts would be advantageous
- Attention to/eye for detail
- Must be able learn how to use: Boxmaster systems, Trello and other communication systems
We all work regularly on Thursdays and would like you to be in on that day as it’s a good time to catch up and share updates. For the rest of the week there may be some additional hours of work which can be carried out at remotely. Pay in line with London Living Wage please get in touch with Jean at email@example.com to find out more.