10 Good Reasons to Visit VegfestUK London
On Saturday 21st October Local Greens will be heading to Kensington Olympia to check out VegFest 2017-billed as one of the UK's biggest Vegan Festival.
If you , like us, are new to the scene then here are 10 good reasons why VegfestUK London is not to be missed. You'll find Local Greens at stall U26 on the third floor in the conference centre-come along and say 'hi' or send your veggie loving friends and family to find out more about the farms we support and how we delver their lovely fruit and veg around SE London.
- Eat TONS of amazing vegan food from the Vegan Food Village consisting of 23 caterers, as well as other food stalls
- Sample a cornucopia of cutting-edge vegan products from over 260 stalls, and take advantage of lots of special discounts at selected stalls and save money on your vegan shopping
- Meet up to a dozen or so vegan celebrities appearing in the Auditorium, which will play host to a number of keynote speeches, competitions, and panel sessions
- Learn about the all-round benefits of following a vegan lifestyle in a wide-ranging series of talks at the event
- Pick up new vegan recipe ideas from live food demos from inventive plant-based chefs in the Cookery Demos zone and the Living Raw Zone
- Watch potentially life-changing documentaries on veganism in the Cinema, with a small number of them making their debuts in the UK at VegfestUK London 2017
- Socialise with over 10,000 like-minded souls and make new friends in the vegan community, including a dedicated Teen Zone for 11-19 year olds who are veggie or vegan
- Learn about looking after vegans in their advanced years and related topics in the Mature Zone
- Be entertained by dozens of vegan comedians, as well as a small number of musicians, in addition to a brand-new Art of Compassion Exhibition with vegan-themed art exhibits
- Bring your kids to the event and let them learn about vegan cooking from in-house pirate Captain James Tea Cook’s lively and educational kids cookery classes, or indulge in magic shows and face-painting – kids under 16 can enter for free as long as they are accompanied by adults.